UI/UX Designer, App Creator
Adobe XD, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator
UI Design 1 Class
About Fletchin’ Awesome Archery
Fletchin’ Awesome Archery an all-inclusive beginner’s guide to target archery, and created to work as a supplement with an archery instructor. The app had four sections:
- Safety (users were forced to go through this section to continue with the rest of the app)
- Shooting Stances
- Parts of the Bow
The app was designed to work entirely offline for users that had limited access to Wi-Fi, especially those that often went to shoot in nature locations, such as a sportsman club, where data and Wi-Fi may be inaccessible.
What Did I Do?
The purpose of the App was to be my first introduction to UI/UX design. The process I went through included:
- Golden Thread
- Competitive Analysis
- User Flows
- Low-Fidelity Wireframes
- High-Fidelity Wireframes
- 3 Check-in documents that displayed all my progress
There were also some goals that I had set for myself. These included:
- All information could be used offline
- Be as complete as possible in all sections
- Easy to use
- Easy for beginners to understand with some background information
The app did work entirely offline and accomplished the rest of the goals I had set for myself. Also, I learned the UI/UX process from research to prototype, which is now the foundation for the rest of my schooling.